Match Season: Basic Resources
Fourth year students have a lot of timelines to keep straight, IMG’s have tons of programs to juggle and DO may be participating in both Matches. That is a lot of dates to track! Here’s a quick list of the basic Match resource links you’ll need this year, and the key dates, too.
- AAFP’s guides: Choosing a Residency Program, Applying to Residency, Residency Interviews, the Match Process, and Starting Residency. Don’t forget their yearly awesome publication, Strolling Through the Match. They also have an ACGME timeline PDF that’s nicely laid out.
- ERAS DO/AOA Timeline – Opens 7/15/2016, Match in February (and can also apply ACGME)
- ERAS MD/ACGME Timeline – Opens 9/15/2016, Match in March
- ERAS IMG Timeline – Same dates as ACGME match.
- NMS/AOA Match for DO’s – Register for the DO Match by November 1st!
- NRMP/ACGME Match for MD’s (and DO’s, and IMG’s) – Register for the ACGME Match by November 30th!
Quick vocabulary lesson: Your ROL is your ‘rank order list’ is the order you love your programs, from #1 to less awesome. It’s tough to put together, and it’s due about a month prior to each Match
- AOA (DO) ROLs are DUE by January 20th, 2017
- ACGME (MD, DO, IMG) ROLs are DUE by February 22, 2017
- AOA Match Day is February 6, 2017 (Scramble begins same day)
- ACGME Match notification is March 13, SOAP starts that day and ends the 16th, and final Match Day is March 17th, 2017